Don’t miss this chance to get a full scholarship from the world’s most well-known company to pay for your Facebook PhD studies. This page describes the Facebook Fellowship Program, its benefits, and the application procedure in depth.
Facebook’s Fellowship Program for 2022-2023 is a fully-funded award for overseas students. A PhD research degree is required to be eligible for this particular scholarship. The award includes two years of tuition and fees, a yearly stipend, and conference travel assistance.
It is possible to apply for a fellowship in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline. The fellowship winners are eligible to two years of study and tuition, an annual stipend, and conference travel assistance.
The applications will be evaluated according to the quality of the student’s research statement, publication history, and recommendation letter. The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising PhD academics who are conducting novel and applicable research in computer science and engineering subjects.
Summary of Scholarships
- PhD level of education
- Organization(s): Facebook
- In any country, attend an approved university.
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Please see the list below.
- Duration of the program: two years.
- The deadline is September 20, 2022. (Applications will be accepted beginning August 3, 2022.)
- Statistics in Practice
- Computer Graphics for AR/VR
- Photonics and Optics in AR/VR
- Future AR/VR Technologies
- Blockchain technology and cryptoeconomics
- Social Computational Science
- Vision in Computers
- Database Management Systems
- Systems that are distributed
- Computation and Economics
- Video That Saves Energy
- Instagram/Facebook App Safety and Well-Being
- Learning Machines
- Processing of Natural Language
- Statistics in Networking
- Data Use and Privacy
- Languages of Programming
- Privacy and security
- Economic and Social Policy
- Audio Classification and Spoken Language Processing
- Machine Learning Systems
Coverage for Scholarships
The Facebook Fellowship Program provides the following rewards to the recipient:
- Grant of $42,000 (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Tuition and fees for the school year (up to two years/four semesters) will be paid.
- Conference travel assistance of up to $5,000 is available.
- Visited Facebook’s headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit.
- Unless otherwise noted, tuition will be paid directly to the institution and the stipend will be remitted immediately to the fellow. According to local law, stipends are taxed.
Facebook Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Facebook Fellowship Program:
- English is the required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- The work of students must be related to one or more relevant subjects (see research areas above)
- Full-time PhD students enrolled at an approved university in any country who are currently involved in ongoing research
- Students must be enrolled in school throughout the academic year(s) in which the Fellowship is awarded.
- The Emerging Scholar Award is open to first and second year PhD candidates who match the criterion of a minority group that is underrepresented* in the technology sector.
- The applications will be reviewed based on the quality of the student’s research statement, publication history, and letters of recommendation.
- Read the Facebook Fellowship program’s Terms and Conditions.
How Do You Apply for the Facebook Fellowship Program?
To participate in the Facebook Fellowship Program, please complete the following steps:
(1) Maintain an up-to-date application page from
(2) To apply, all applicants must have a Facebook account.
(3) Applications Must Contain
- Resume or CV, including email, phone, and mailing addresses, as well as relevant coursework
- 1-2 page study summary identifying the planned research’s area of concentration, value to the field, and applicability to Facebook throughout the funding period (reference the research areas)
- Please include two letters of recommendation with your application. Please provide email addresses for references, one of which must be from an academic adviser.
(4) When submitting your application, you will be asked to provide an email address for your references. Each of your referees will be sent a link through email where they can submit their letter of recommendation. Please double-check the contact information you enter for your references.
(5) The application will allow you to save or submit after entering information. You may revise your application up until the deadline.
For additional information about the Facebook Fellowship Program, please visit the official website: