Pursue your study at universities in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan. Good news! Currently, applications are being accepted for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program. In this essay, we will describe this scholarship program in full, including its perks and application procedure.
It is a masters scholarship for overseas students that is entirely supported by the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022-2023. The JJ/WBGSP scholarship will cover full tuition, housing, economy class airfare, and a monthly stipend.
WBGSP is open to women and men from underdeveloped countries who are applying to a master’s degree program in a development-related subject. They must have relevant professional experience and have helped their countries develop in the past.
Review of Scholarship
- Masters level of study
- The institution(s): Newcastle University
- Study in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan.
- Opportunity Concentration Areas: Click here to view the available master’s programs.
- Duration of Program: 2 years
- Application Window #1: January 17, 2022 through February 28, 2022 at noon, Washington time
- Second Application Period: March 29, 2022 through May 27, 2022 at noon, Washington time.
Coverage for Japan World Bank Scholarships
The following advantages are available to the recipient of the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship:
- At the beginning and end of your scholarship time, you will be able to fly economy class between your home country and the host university. Students will receive a $500 travel allowance in addition to their two-way airfare;
- The cost of your graduate program’s tuition, as well as the cost of the university’s basic medical insurance.
- On-campus living expenses are covered by a monthly subsistence allowance throughout the scholarship term (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the stipend is determined by the country in which you’ll be staying.
Please be aware that all JJ/WBGSP scholarships are for a maximum of two years, or the length of the graduate program.
The Japan World Bank scholarship Covers
- VISA application fees
- Expenses associated with transporting and/or supporting a scholar’s family;
- Completing extracurricular courses or programs;
- Undertakings that fall short of the required number of credits for a graduate degree;
- Graduate students are not required to take language courses;
- Additional travel is required as part of the program’s curriculum.
- Costs associated with research, supplementary materials, field trips and participation in workshops and seminars, or internships; or
- Equip computers in classrooms.
- No-fee resident’s license
- Program Eligibility Requirements for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the JJWBGSP, the Joint Japan-World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program:
- Only English is required.
- All countries of the world are eligible.
- not be a dual national of any advanced country;
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle;
- Prior to the Application Deadline, you must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree holders with at least three years of recent development-related work experience should apply.
- Be a full-time employee in a development-related capacity at the time of applying for the award. As long as the country of citizenship of the applicant falls within the list of “Fragile and Conflict States” provided to applicants in each call for scholarships, this criterion does not apply.
- You must be accepted, except for financial aid, to one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred master’s degree programs at a university that is not in the applicant’s country of citizenship or residence as of the date on which the call for scholarship applications opens, and you must be admitted before that date. Before submitting your application, you must upload your letter of acceptance.
- A close blood or adopted family of any of the aforementioned cannot be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, or staff member of the World Bank Group; Please be aware that all eligibility requirements have been strictly followed. There are no exceptions. During an open call for applications, the criteria for eligibility WILL NOT change. However, this information can change from one application process to the next.
How do I apply for the Joint Japan-World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program?
To get this scholarship, please follow these steps:
- You must first apply to get into one or more of the Partner Masters Degree Programs (s). If you have questions about how to apply to a partner program, you should contact the university in question.
- Here is where you can make an account on the website for the scholarship.
Please visit the official website to learn more about the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP.